Monday 3 September 2012

China: Hangzhou and West Lake


No train mishaps this time - we have a brisk train ride to West Lake, followed by noodles for lunch at a famous noodle restaurant where a famous poet once at there three meals a day for however long.   I wasn't really listening.

Too busy taking photos of my food.

West lake itself was rather nice.  Quite frankly it is the cleanest place I've been in china.

By clean I mean the ground is made of dicks.
Dicks.  Dicks everywhere.  It's just me isn't it.
As the daylight wanes in a spectacular sunset over a pagoda, we wander off for dinner.  Supercar stores  line the roadside along the lake - this is a very wealthy area.   We end the day with dinner at a restaurant called Grandma's Kitchen.  It's a 45 minute wait to get a table and they don't take bookings.  The wait in the cold is worth it because the food is amazing and only cost about 30 kuai each.



No comments:

Post a Comment