Thursday 4 August 2011

I, Gastronome

I'm staying in Singapore, staying in a lovely little hostel in Chinatown called Pillows and Toast.   Air con blasting, man across the way snoring, girl shouting in her sleep in Korean "[I am who I am!!!]" (- there's a literal existential nightmare if ever I saw one), I'm happy as larry and my feet are hanging off the end of the bunk.  Damn you asian people and your short predispositions.

Free toast for breakfast.

Rewind the tape for a few seconds.  Press play.  You have now entered six days into the past.

I fell in love today.

I knew it was going to be good when there was only one or two whiteys in the place.  Soon I see before me the largest, tastiest Dosai I've ever seen in my life with 3 different curry sauces to dip in.  Only $3.20 for a meal - throw in a Mango Lassi and I'm done for the night.

Gastronomic Sex

Please don't tell anyone about Komala Vilas restaurant in Little India Singapore.

(It's a good spot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment