Tuesday 28 February 2012

Vietnam: Real Gentlemen Catch the Train


For the next leg of the journey I decide to try catching an Open Tour Bus from Hoi An to Nha Trang as somebody [I can't remember who] told me that these busses are "the" way to travel around vietnam.

Fuck you.

The sleeper bus is crammed full of backpackers, and sets off on the noisiest and bumpiest bus ride I've ever had in Vietnam.  The driver seems to aim for every pot-hole he can see, and honks at every mosquito that flies towards his window.  The seats have been designed for midgets and so I have to try and sleep with my knees up around my chest, I can't lie on my side because there are two people either side of me, and I can't sleep on my back because my shoulders are wider than the bed.  The air-con also doesn't seem to be very good and the bus becomes a sauna half-way into the night.

A sexy sauna.

Not much sleep happened that night.  And sadly because it was very much un-fun.

Personally, I'd go with the soft seat on the train - it costs about the same price, you get much more leg room, good air-con, and no constant horn tooting, swerving or bouncing.

Real gentlemen catch the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment